ECONOMICS SOCIETY OF TANZANIA GOALS
In order for the society to reach its mission and vision, it has set a number of goals that includes:
- To encourage and promote a high standard of ethics and professional competence in its members.
- Foster continuing advanced education in the fields of economics for its members;
- Provide a common meeting ground for economists of all disciplines on subjects of mutual interest;
- Promote the work and status of the economics profession in the community
- Promote professional development researchers at all levels including Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students in academic and nonacademic environments;
- Encourage entry into and advancement of the field of economics;
- Promote the application of economics in all fields;
- Support effective teaching of economics both in Lower level (secondary) up to the university level;
- Disseminate economic research and other information about economics;
- Organize public debates on hot economic issues;
- Assisting its members to publish policy briefs, working papers and reviewed journal articles;
- Networking between Tanzanian economists;
- Collecting and disseminating important economic data to its member and public at large.